View the Latest on Instagram Close

Mom Blogger

3 November 2016 / 50 Comments

It’s been a while since I took an interview and today a journalist asked me a round of questions, the same kind of questions I was asked just a few months ago when we first became “viral.” Even though I’ve answered the same questions over and over again, I don’t think I’ll ever be fully prepared to answer questions like, “How will Joey react when she sees all of this as a teenager?” or “What message do you want to tell the parents of the world?”  I mean, how do you really answer that? For me, I’m still trying to figure out how to time Joey for feedings and what to dress her up in when it’s cold out, let alone figure out a definitive message to “TELL THE WORLD.” It’s definitely been difficult at times processing all of the attention whilst in the middle of transitioning into motherhood. Joey was only 4 months old when our photos became viral and I had barely any time to sit down and realize what really happened to us. But when I reflect back I am so thankful for the opportunity to be able to connect with so many people. The daily DMs and emails I receive from our loving fans (so weird to say we have “fans”) have been like precious gems to me. I feel so honored to be in a place where I can somehow bless strangers (new friends!) from all parts of the world. Hearing personal stories of how our silly photos and videos have touched their lives will never ever get old for us. I’m in no way some kind of “baby-whisperer” like I’ve heard some people mistakenly label me as but I’d like to be someone who is available and open to share my experiences with motherhood.

I’m still very knew at the blogging thing but I have a lot of cool posts coming up so stay tuned. Here are some photos of Joey this afternoon after her nap. Her expressions these days kill me!

img_6601img_6621img_6589img_6610img_6629collage1img_6673img_6672collage2img_6734img_6707 img_6748 img_6753 img_6755 img_6780

Onesie by Piccolini NY | Doll from Cuddle + Kind | Moses basket from RH Baby

50 responses to “Mom Blogger”

1. Jeanne says:

I love what you’re doing. Your baby reminds me of mine, except the deep sleep part! LOL. When your IG was on FB I had the link to what you’re doing shared on my page 5 times in 1 week! Everyone said I must do this to my kid! We should do a duo pic! LOL Love following your lil babe! Xo

• lauraiz says:

Hi Jeanne! Aw your little babe is ADORABLE! I totally see the resemblance with Joey. Must be the asian dumpling cheeks. 🙂 Thank you so much for your kind words!

2. Sandra says:

I LOVE all your pics! I have a 4-month old boy. Joey’s pictures and videos make me smile, especially when I’m frustrated by all the new motherhood challenges. A very serious question, how do you make Joey such a good sleeper? My boy is currently going through 4-month sleep regression, and I’m trying very hard to develop a “schedule” for him. Thanks! Keep up all the good work!

• lauraiz says:

Hi Sandra! Thanks for writing! Aw 4 months! Joey actually went through a 5-month sleep regression and not the typical 4-month. She would sleep shorter naps but luckily it went away after a few weeks! I’m going to dedicate a post (or two or three!) on sleep training and what we did. Keep you posted!

• Carol says:

Aww very interested in the sleep training posts. I have issues with mine sleeping through the night.

My boy is probably 1 month younger then yours. And huge cheeks too.

Every time I see your posts I tell my boy, look your girlfriend lol….

• Sandra says:

Thank you! Can’t wait to read the article! My son used to be a good sleeper. Now is so-so.

• Michelle says:

Hi Laura, I LOVE your posts and will be waiting anxiously for you to post about sleep training. My 5 month old has been going thru a sleep regression for the last month that we cannot wait to figure what to do! Thanks for the smiles!

3. HannahJ says:

Yay! You have a blog now—look at that yummy light in your photos 🙂

4. Tracy says:

I don’t ever comment, but I love all your photos and videos. My son is a couple days older than Joey and it always amazes me how she just falls asleep. You have a precious little bundle of joy and I love seeing all your creative ideas!

• lauraiz says:

Hi Tracy! Aw another April baby! Congratulations on being a 6 month old mama! Wait, is this your first baby? How are you doing??

• Tracy says:

I actually have an almost 3 year old and my son. He turned 7 months on Nov 1! They’re growing up so fast! I loved your little MacGyver behind the scenes… My son is always putting things in his mouth too and he’s super fast! My husband sat him down in the middle of our bed and he almost crawled off the edge!

5. Cat Doan says:

Hi we are your biggest “fans”! Like the previous comment Joey reminds me so much of oor precious Sylvia!! I had tocostumed do a double take when I first saw your baby as Eleven from stranger things. My husband said, how did you get all those costumes? I said, well that’s not our baby! Lol

6. Nora and Reej! says:

I love you guys!!

7. Colleen says:

Your daughter is a cutie and I love your tattoo!

8. Sammi says:

Your Instagram posts give me joy everyday! I love seeing the diff costumes you dress Joey! You have never ending ideas & creativity! A truly admirable woman!

When the day goes a little bumpy, seeing Joey & the video makes me feel a lot better and brings a smile to my face 😊

• lauraiz says:

Hi Sammi! Aw I’m so glad our photos/videos bring you happiness. I can’t wait to tell Joey how much joy she brought to so many. Thank you so much for writing to us! – xo Laura & Joey

9. sangeeta aingh says:

I know you have listen this many times.. But you are awesome… Please keep Blogging…love you both

10. Jane says:

My kids are old enough that they swoon at Joey’s baby cuteness themselves. Baby, the costumes, the cheesy humour… it’s gotten me through this election cycle!! Reminds me that some things are impervious to partisan politics… puts things in perspective ♡♡♡ best wishes on the blog!

11. Sal Angeli says:

Hi Laura, I’m a first time mom as well, with a 10 month old little boy (whom I adore to pieces!), and I can totally relate. I just love your posts of Joey with the costumes, but you’re also a very talented photographer! What settings and lens did you use for these photos here?

• lauraiz says:

Hi Angeli! Aw 10 months old! Is he starting to walk now? I’m not sure what the 10-month milestones are! So cute!
      For these photos I used my 35mm prime lens on aperture priority. I had to open up all the way and also boost my ISO pretty high because the room was really dark!

• Sal Angeli says:

Thanks for your response! At 10 months the little guy has been zooming around everywhere for awhile – not walking on his own yet but cruising, crawling, pulling himself up and lowering himself down…Haha! It’s a lot of fun! He’s getting so interactive now too, and responsive. Oh the next few months will be so much fun – especially with your Joey’s personality! It’s bittersweet though, right, at the same time…Take care 😊

12. Yanna says:

Joey never fails to make me happy. She’s such a blessing!I actually looked a bit like her when I was still a baby…but of course she’s waaaaay cuter. 😉 When I have my own baby someday, I hope she turns out as adorable and good natured as Joey is. Thanks for sharing all her milestones with us, Laura!

• lauraiz says:

Hi Yanna! Joey definitely IS our biggest blessing for me and Allen. We are so thankful for her! Aw you must’ve been the cutest little baby. I’m pretty sure your future baby will be sososo cute!

13. Estelle says:

Hello from Singapore!

Joey is so adorable that my two girls keep pestering me for a third one!

It was definitely a joy to watch Joey in various transformations. Love the Nacho Libre outfit!

Continue to have fun!

14. Lisa says:

I come from an area where horrible things happen to babies and I see babies not talked to, not nurtured. I have no children but even I can see the value in music at a young age and the importance of exposure to culture and activity. Blessings to you for all the love and interaction Joey has! I see her eyes follow everything and her hands seek out information. She is and will be intelligent and inquisitive. God bless you.

• lauraiz says:

Hi Lisa. Oh wow. Where exactly are you from? Thank you so much for the lovely words of encouragement. Seeing the world through Joey’s eyes has transformed my life. I wish I could savor these moments longer but I know she’ll have to grow up soon! Our prayer is for Joey to learn as many cultures as possible and to passionately in love with the people of this world. It’s such a broken place to live in but we can always replace fear and ignorance with love and understanding. I would love to hear more about what you were referring to with babies.

15. Sarah Blake says:

Baby Joey can turn any frown upside down! I think she keeps magical powers in her cheeks that can make anyone fall madly in love with her 🙂 love your Instagram feed and so happy you now have a blog. You seem like a wonderful family and I am also loving your varied music tastes!

16. Sami says:

Absolutely agree with the above. Such beauty and joy ~ makes each day alittle brighter. Mahalo for sharing

17. Cecilia says:

Just sent my youngest to college this year . And was feeling an emptiness in my nest ! Suddenly … You put Jo in it !! OMG !!! It’s like I’m raising her together … THANK YOU ! I know there is a lot behind to raise a child ( no sleep , no time for yourself , first tooth , first step , first word , first day of school , etc ….. ) . It’s an endless and grateful work . God bless your family !

18. Arin says:

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your posts on IG my “baby” is 11 now and is turning into a man child so my days of doing cute stuff like this are gone 🙁 so I have to get my cute baby fix from you and Joeys posts which have my face hurting from laughter! There is so much negativity and overall ugliness in the world it’s nice to have something that just makes you smile Thanks again for sharing with us!!! Take care

19. Joy says:

Super cute Joey 😊 Ill have a baby girl this December.. I look forward to your IG post everyday and now a blog as well. Congrats 😊 – from Manila Philippines

20. Cecilia says:

Just sent my youngest to college this year and was feeling an emptiness in my nest … Suddenly you put Jo in it !! OMG !!!! It’s like I’m raising her up together ! Thank you for this happiness ! And I wanna see her growing up until college 😆. Asking too much 🙊?

21. Jenny says:

Hi Laura! *waves and blows kisses your way*
    I can’t tell you how much your photographs have meant to me. Joey is such a blessing and the most adorable little baby. She reminds me a lot of my 16 month old Alexa. I am always showing my family your posts and all their faces light up when they see her. I have two girls myself: Alexa, who was born at 10.5 lbs (she was born a toddler) and she was VERY different from my 6 year old Audrey who was born at 6.5 lbs. (And they said the second one was easier lol) Your posts have helped remind me to absolutely enjoy every second we have with our children. You are such an amazing mom and you have so many of us looking up to you. So from my family to yours we send you guys all our love! I hope one day we can bump into you guys if we ever travel to the west coast xoxo Jenny

22. Cat Doan says:

check out Joey’s doppleganger…minus the hair. Sylvia was born April 23, 2016

23. Ryan Dan says:

OMG I can’t stand this she’s too cute just watching her makes me want to pinch her checks!

24. Hannah says:

Joey reminds me of my girl…maybe becuase they are almost same age(she’s hitting 30wks tomorrow)
    So jealous of how Joey falls asleep…and how deep she sleeps. 😁😁😁
    Enjoy your little trip in Korea. While there you can find lots of cute hats and hair bands and outifts for Joey.

25. Megan says:

I love these and love your creativity! I think these pics are amazing and a great way to keep photos of your little one. And hope she can appreciate them as a teenager.

26. AJ126 says:

Obsessed with Joey and all your creative photos and witty captions! 💕 Also love your pics in blog. What camera do you use? Thanks so much!

27. 98Marilyn says:

I must say you have hi quality posts here.
    Your blog should go viral. You need initial traffic only.
    How to get it? Search for; Etorofer’s strategies

28. 95Craig says:

I must say you have very interesting articles here.
    Your blog should go viral. You need initial boost only. How to get it?
    Search for; Etorofer’s strategies